Pacheco Ross, a division of H2M architects + engineers, a multidiscipline architectural, engineering, and environmental consulting seeks a licensed Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Albany Office in the Albany Capital Region.
Although their work may be hidden in ceilings, behind walls, and under floors, H2M’s mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineers treat it like the main event. With a focus on developing detailed, quality drawings, they meet with each client to establish the full scope of work before putting pen to paper. By spending time in the field, taking measurements, and asking the right questions, they ensure a level of detail that simplifies the bid and construction process and results in fewer change orders. Our MEP solutions place an emphasis on building performance, energy efficiency, and occupant comfort. And while our efforts might not be visible in the finished product, the effortlessness they bring to our client’s building’s operations will be.
Come join our multi-disciplined team of architects, engineers and environmental scientists in our Albany Office. We’re looking for a Sr. Electrical Engineer with 7+ years’ experience in a consulting engineering firm designing building power, lighting, communication and security systems. In this role, you will work with other MEP engineers as part of a multi-disciplined design team. Working with architects, civil engineers, and environmental scientists, you will be executing electrical engineering design work for both public and private clients. You will also coordinate the efforts of both in-house and outside teams who handle power generation, distribution, low voltage, lighting, communication, fire alarm and security system design.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic go-getter who is just as comfortable managing the work as they are interfacing with clients and helping us build our business. As a part of the H2M Team, you will have the support of our 400+ staff to help you succeed in all aspects of your work. We’re passionate about our work, dedicated to our clients, and committed to our 80 plus year legacy. We emphasize collaboration and community involvement and promote sustainability in our practice, ensuring that the right projects are developed with minimal impact on the environment.
Join our diverse team of passionate employees who deliver excellence to our clients every day.
- Design of electrical systems such as power distribution, stand-by power generation, lighting, communication, fire alarm and security systems.
- Supervise a group of Electrical Engineers in project design and development tasks, including drawings, calculations, cost estimates, and specifications, respond to client questions and comments, review contractor submittals, and provide clarifications during construction.
- Review electrical department design documents for completion and ensure department personnel adhere to accepted industry and company standards.
- Assist in the development of company quality standards and procedures.
- Work closely with management and electrical department leadership to develop and implement electrical short- and long-range manpower and production plans to meet project objectives.
- Assist in business development initiatives to pursue new projects including participation in client presentations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- Minimum 7+ years experience with a consulting engineering firm designing building power, lighting, communication and security systems.
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of the architectural and engineering industry, including the Federal, State, and local laws and regulations that pertain to the industry.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (NYS).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience using Outlook and Microsoft Office (or similar software).
- LEED Accreditation and working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, and EasyPower desired.
- Ability to mentor junior level staff.
- Experience with HVAC and plumbing systems a plus.
Our integrated approach to design incorporates the diverse voices and visions of our staff into every project. Through mentoring, peer reviews, and professional development opportunities, employees at every level are offered the opportunity to share best practices and gain new experiences.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical/dental/vision insurance with HSA & FSA, life and LTD insurance, 401(k) with matching contributions, annual bonus, tuition reimbursement, and excellent professional development program.